Never before in the history of the world (or at least as far back as I can remember) has an automotive website allowed its readers to attend the glitzy press conference and inhale the fake smoke of a real car show press day. That changes today. Members of The Autopian will now be able to attend the 2023 Los Angeles International Auto Show press day on Thursday, November 16th as part of our Automotive-Reporter-For-A-Day program. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it’s real and it’s spectacular.
How this will work is that, under the guidance of David, Mercedes, Jason, myself and a special to-be-announced Autopian contributor, you’ll get a press pass and be able to attend the press conferences and roam the hallowed halls of the LA Convention Center to see the unveils in person. Even better, we plan to keep a live blog of the site where you can share your thoughts on the cars as they’re revealed (either under your name or a pseudonym).
At the end of the day we’ll have our annual Autopian Media Happy Hour (the shrimp-barrow my also appear) and you’ll get to hang out for that as well. Mostly, it’ll just be a fun time.
A few caveats, though:
- You need to be an Autopian member.
- If you’re monthly, you’ll have to have been a member at any level before October 30th.
- If you’re annual, you’ll have to be an annual member by November 3rd (i.e. you can sign up today or tomorrow)
- You’ll need to be there in the morning, meaning you can’t just roll in for happy hour
- Signing up does not guarantee admission, we’ll email you to let you know you’re in
Otherwise, if you can make it, please fill out this form: