We had an excellent shrimp-filled auto show party yesterday, but the Autopian booth wasn’t just a one-day affair. Our writers will be at the LA Auto Show from today through the end of the show, so please join us and try to stump us with questions, get your photos taken with your favorite microcars, and otherwise just talk our ears off about cars (we won’t mind; hell, we’ll love it). Plus, use code AUTOPIAN22 when you buy a ticket and you’ll get $3 off! What could be better? Your spouse is tired of listening to you blather on about the DAF’s “Variomatic” belt-driven CVT, anyway; but we won’t be.
The LA Auto Show runs from today, November 18th all the way through Sunday, November 27th. The Autopian’s goal is to have at least a couple of writers in our space every day that isn’t Thanksgiving (though the show is open [Editor’s Note: I will be there, possibly rebuilding an engine. Come help! -DT]). We’re in the Galpin Hall of Customs along with some extremely great cars.
If you’ve never been to the LA Auto Show, you should know that it’s split into three sections, with the South Hall on the left (in this photo) and the West Hall on the right. Between those two halls is the Galpin Hall of Customs and once you’re in there you can’t miss us.
The show opens at 9:00 AM most days and continues until 7:00 PM or 10:00 PM, depending on the day. We will try to be there most of the time, although I’d guess the 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM window is the best time to find us.
Here are some things you can do if you come:
- Watch us blog and ask us questions. [Editor’s Note: I cannot believe we’re seriously telling folks to “watch us blog.” I, for one, will not be sitting on my computer while guests are around. WE SHALL TALK CARS! -DT].
- Try to go on camera and stump us by asking hard car questions.
- Go to the Galpin Auto Sports merch section and get some Autopian merch
- Get your photo taken with microcars
You can even make a little GIF.
We have some great cars on display:
- Five Microcars
- PTV 250
- Zündapp Janus
- P. Vallee Chantecler
- TJ Russell’s SEMA-winning Baja 911
- Rinspeed Porsche 969
- Aston Martin Virage Shooting Brake
- David’s junky Nash Metropolitan
- All of Galpin’s awesome customs
Again, if you’re in the So Cal area come over and say hello!