On Saturday August 13, the entire Autopian staff and even a few of your favorite contributors will be hanging out at Galpin Auto Sports just north of Los Angeles. Drive your car here and get ready to geek out, because we’d love to meet you. I myself will be bringing a broken 1959 Nash, and I don’t even live in California yet, so those of you who do: no excuses!
Okay, so here are the details for the very first Autopian Car Show, which The Autopian boss Beau Boeckmann will be hosting on his property that I like to describe as automotive mecca. It’s a really special place, and you’re going to want to see it. Anyway, without further ado:
- Date: Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Time: 11 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- Place: Galpin Auto Sports parking lot — 15600 Roscoe Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Who will be in attendance:
- Jason Torchinsky
- Matt Hardigree
- Mercedes Streeter
- Beau Boeckmann
- Huibert Mees
- Thomas Hundal
- Mark Tucker
- David Tracy
- Hopefully many cool Autopian readers
- Cars that will be in attendance:
- Beau’s legendary car collection
- A broken 1959 Nash Metropolitan
- A Citroën LNA to (at least they said it’ll be there)
- Who knows? But trust us, it’s going to be good.
Come chat with Huibert and me about geeky engineering stuff, talk with Beau about the auto industry, try not to get tired of Jason chatting your ear off about taillights [Editor’s Note: If David gives us too much guff, we can sneak off to Flashing Amber’s, the Valley’s sixth-best taillight bar – JT] , learn about all the weirdest RVs and campers and buses from Mercedes, chat about miniature radio-control cars and shitboxes with Mark, and beware of getting Thomas started talking about BMW minutiae because he won’t stop.
It’s gonna be good. We’re beyond excited to meet you and your car!