Jason, Beau, and David sit down for another episode of The Autopian Podcast to discuss IMPORTANT issues like automotive haikus and kittens. And also a chronic technician shortage and the encroachment of artificial intelligence on the car-ticles you read every day. Here, give it a listen.
This episode of The Autopian Podcast begins with my discussion of Motor World, a car-themed hotel chain in Europe that basically allows you to sleep in an epic car museum. It’s incredible. We also discuss the idea of AI taking car journalists’ jobs, and whether media outlets should be required to disclose when something has been written by AI. Would you read a Project Cactus that never happened? This leads Beau to point out that AI can’t fix or modify a car, and that in the U.S. there’s a chronic technician shortage — something Beau would know lots about given that he employees literally hundreds of techs.
Beau also mentions his meeting with car designer Dr. Rainer Buchmann and his wife Katrin, both of whom run bb-Auto, an amazing Porsche tuning company. You should read all about the Buchmanns at Elfer Spot (translates to 11-er Spot, with 11-er being short for 911); it’s a great article.
Jason puts Beau and me to the test with his car-Haikus, and finally we discuss the RV that Beau shut down. It’s a diesel, manual, one-off made for the DuPont family!
As Beau points out, though, half of the RV is horse stables, and that’s just a waste. We need living quarters! So the Autopian RV search continues.
That’s the end of the podcast. We do not discuss anything else. Nope, absolutely nothing at all. [Ed note: We definitely do! Definitely listen. – MH]
Remember, to listen to the podcast episodes you can go to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or you can use the RSS feed and point your favorite Podcast player at it. Below are some more recent episodes. Please like/listen/subscribe and review/rate our podcast!
Listen to more podcasts:
- Why Porsche Used To Throw Away Its Extra Parts – The Autopian Podcast
- Here’s The Weird Thing You Have To Do To Supercharge A New Car In California – The Autopian Podcast
- Bruce Meyer — The Ultimate Car Guy — Tells Some Incredible Stories On This Week’s Autopian Podcast
- “I Have A Flat Brim Hat And A Subaru. I Got This” – Zack Klapman Explains How He Stuffed A Subaru Into A Wall Of Snow
- Listen To Us Chat With Bring-A-Trailer Co-Founder Randy Nonnenberg About How He Built His Empire, How He Used To Be A BMW Engineer, And About This Amazing Ex-McLaren RV
Support our mission of championing car culture by becoming an Official Autopian Member.